2018년 7월 14일 토요일

Gangwondo Chuncheon Obongsan Mountain Climb in Korean- Baehuryeong Course - Hike


1.     Date and Time : July 14, 2018.  08:00~11:30 (3 hours and 30 minutes including break one hour).
2.     Location : Chuncheon City at Gangwon Province in Korea.
3. Distance and Course : About 7.94 km. Course is to start Baehuryeong Hill Parking Lot => Peak 1 to 4 => Obongsan Mountain Summit (779m Altitude) => Peal No 4 to 1 => Back to Baehuryeong Hill Parking Lot.
4.     Access :
There are various ways to reach the Seoul Express Bus Terminal where you will take express bus bound for Chooncheon Express Bus Terminal, non-stop and taking one and half an hours. As soon as you arrive, you should arrange taxi going there since there is no public transportation to Baehuryeong hill. Please refer to the map of “Transportation from Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Baehuryeong Hill”. I estimate total transportation time from Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Baehuryeong Hill for 3 hours for one way which estimate about 6 hours for round trip. But you would reduce this transportation time to 2 hours for round trip in case you use private car or rent car which you could save four hours for the transportation. 
4.     Overall Remarks.
      Heading for Cheongpyeongsa (Temple) from Soyang dam for about 10 minutes by ship, you can see fantastic rocks and stones stationing and surrounding at the mountain which is back scenery of Cheongpyeongsa (Temple) . It was originally called as Gyeongunsan (Mt.) in the past and later called Obongsan (Mt.).
  Since it has been widely known among mountaineers, it is recently called as Obongsan (Mt.) naming five peaks; Birobong (Peak), Bohyeonbong (Peak), Munsubong (Peak), Gwaneumbong (Peak), and Nahanbong (Peak). There are 2 routes of hiking, the first one is descending to Cheongpyeongsa (Temple) after ascending five peaks from Baehuryeong (Ridge) in turn. The second one is descending to Cheongpyeongsa (Temple) after ascending the summit from the front of the campsite in the tourist site.
 Attractions of the mountain are Cheongpyeongsa (Temple), Guseongpokpo (Waterfall), Gongjutap (Pagoda), Gongjugul (Cave), Gongjutang (Pond), and Yeollimok, etc. It is an extraordinary place because you can enjoy a pilgrimage of history and beauty of nature at the same time. One exponent for cultural inheritance on weekdays and three during the weekend present cultural properties to tourists in data base
You could take a look more highlight of Gongjaksan Hiking which I recorded at the mountain climb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJoDOltYBT8
5.     Detailed Course Information
It was very thick foggy day which I could not see any clear scenery of Obong Mountain. I was wondering for a moment if I would do hiking under so thick foggy that I could not see bright picture of the mountain and finally decided to climb the Obongsan mountain expecting it would be cleared afternoon. But I could see any positive sign this foggy would be removed in the morning. I checked hiking course at Baehuryeong Hill and found the climbing road and started to walk up and learned steepness of Obong Hill was much higher at beginning than what I assumed before coming. When I walked up these steep uphill roads for 15 minutes, I found landmark stating as 1.73km to Summit. I turned left at the junction and kept walking up the hill for 5 minutes walking and met next junction mark showing 1.67km to the Summit. As I walked up the uphill road for about 10 minutes more, I reached soft and mild ridge road at typical oak tree forest as see at the Photo. I was continuously walking through the typical ridge road for about a quarter minutes and found the break area and took a short break at the area. As soon as I finished the Break, I kept walking up the hill through sometime log stair road or highly sloped uphill road for about half an hour and reached Peak No 3 where I was walking besides big rock obstacle on the Peak area. As I was climbing the hill, I saw foggy Yongwhasan Mountain positioning just in front of Obongsan Mountain, I took a nice view of this scenery somewhere middle of the hill. I could see view of Peak 4 and 5 looks nearby at Peak No 3 and took a photo as well. I was continuously walking to Peak No 4 and found Peak No 4 consisting with huge rock as see at the Photo. I should accordingly walk on the rock path with supporting rope up to Peak No 4. There was landmark showing direction of Peak No 5 and Cheonpyeongsa Temple sitting between Peak No 4 and 5. When I started to climb somewhat steep uphill road for about 20 minutes, I was finally able to touch down the Obongsan Summit-779m Altitude, Peak No 5 which means as 5th peak. I was looking around the summit for short while and started to get downhill through rocky hill path and saw Chuncheon Lake and took a photo. I eventually returned Baehuryeong Hill Parking Lot after one and half an hour after downhill walking.




























댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기