2018년 10월 23일 화요일

Gangwondo Pyungchang Baekdeoksan Mountain Hike in Korea- Munje Shimteo Course


1.     Date and Time : Oct 19, 2018 10:00~18:00 (8 hours including two hours break).
2.     Location : Bangrim-myeon (Town), Pyeongchan-gun (District) and Suju-myeon (Town), Yeongwol-gun (District), Gangwon-do (Province).
3. Distance and Course : About 23.79km. Course is to start at Munjae Shimteo Parking Lot => 925 Peak => Heliport => Dangjae => 1280 Peak => Baekdeoksan Summit (1,350m Altitude) => Back to the Munje Shimteo Parking Lot through the Same Ascending Course. Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obN3NYX1cQw
4.     Access :
There are various ways to the Dong Seoul Bus Terminal where you could use subway or bus or taxis depend on your situation. You could take intercity bus bound for Wunkyeo there at Dong Seoul Bus terminal and get off at Wunkyeo Bus Stop taking 1 one hour and 30 minutes. As you get off at the Bus Stop, please get on the taxi going to the Munjae Shimteo taking about less than 5 minutes for 2.6km which is usually stand by at the bus stop, fare less than KRW 5,000-. Please refer more details to the “Transportation from Dong Seoul  Bus Terminal to Munjae Shimteo”. You could simply take reverse course on your way back home. I could estimate total transportation is about 2 hour plus 30 minutes including waiting times for one way which comes total 5 hours for round trip. But you would reduce this transportation time to 4 hours for round trip in case you use private car or rent car which you could save one hour for the transportation. 
5.     Overall Remarks.
Baekdeoksan (Mt.) is located among Ungyo-ri, Banglim-Town, and Wondang-ri, Pyeongchang-Town, in Pyeongchang-District, and Jucheon-Town, Yeongwol-District. It preserves the primitive forest for it holds precipitous cliffs and various trees in valleys. The top of Baekdeoksan consists of narrow rock peaks. Chiaksan (Mt.) and Maehwasan (Mt.) can be seen from afar and Gariwangsan (Mt.) to the east.
It is 1,350.1m high and it covers parts of Yeongwol District, Hoengseong District , Pyeongchang-District of Gangweon- Province. It is a famous mountain in the branch of Charyeong Mountain Stream. There are precipitous cliffs here and there, and pine trees that look like bonsai lure hikers.
In the valleys with endless large and small waterfalls, ponds and lakes, the maples in the middle of October are most beautiful. In light of the name, large amount of snowfalls and snow flowers in winter present rich beauty to the hikers.
6.     Detailed Course Information
     I took my mind covering Baekdeoksan Mountain Hike within one day schedule and reviewed best suitable course to my conditions among several possible courses and made a decision to take Munjae Shimteo Course as indicated at the Course Map attached. I left my home early in the morning 06:00 hour and expecting 3 hours for transportation to Munjae Shimteo and arrived at the Munjae Shimteo slightly before 09:00 hour. I tried to park the car to at small parking area and found no available parking zone and arranged to park the car somewhere proper area near to parking zone. I looked around first of all hike course map and found at right and checked the Munjae Shimteo Course. When I checked the Course Map and landmark, I realized I was standing already at elevation 800m altitude which I would easily cover remaining elevation, 550m altitude. So I thought it would be an easy hiking course and possibly cover less than 5 hours. But it was not so easy and short distance course at all which takes 8 hours including 2 hours break. I found all information on the landmarks or boards were wrong in distance because they were based on straight distance not considering continuous bending or zigzag road, even not closer. Anyhow I started to ascend through small wood bridge and soon met first landmark arrowing to steep slopped uphill road and climbed on the uphill road for about 10 minutes and reached second landmark junction arrowing to continue to walk on smooth mountain road for about less than 5 minutes and reached third landmark arrowing to go up steep uphill road again. When I walked up on this road for about 15 minutes and changed to mild ridge road, less slopped. I was continuously walking through this ridge road for about half an hour and reached heliport where I could look down so nice and fantastic view of surrounding mountains and peaks as see at the photo. It was exceptionally visibility was so high and far that I could clearly see remote Daegwanryeong Hill where I could see wind power far away and also remote Chiaksan Mountain. We could not usually see these mountains so clearly. I was quite lucky and fortunate I was able to see these mountains at Baekdeoksan Mountain. I took naturally break for photo and drink a water. As I just stepped a minute, I found landmark showing distance to the Summit (4km) as well as back to Shimteo (1.8km) and felt I could cover this distance lee than three hours. But both were wrong, distance and my estimation time. I kept walking on the ridge road for some more half an hour and found formal landmark stating as 3.1km to the Summit I was keeping walking on the same ridge road for about half an hour and found proper area for snack break at big rock area. I decided to take snack break and enjoyed the break and continued to walk on the same road for one more half an hour and reached landmark stating as 2 km to the Summit. I met one unknown younger man hiking alone and was naturally walking and talking together individual interest. I learned this young man, 42 years old was still single living alone at some away location from parent and working at refrigerator factory. I questioned the reason why he did not marry. He answered there was not fit-able partner so far. I personally suggested you would better lower your demand specification in terms of education, personal character, and family root and so on. You should pull down requirement level of each category. I would consider my suggestion      We walked on the same ridge road for about one more hour and reached next Junction mark stating as only 500m to the Summit and the other way to Meokgol 4.8km. We confirmed road condition was completely changed to very high slop rocky and stony road which we could not so easily walk on as before and finally touched down 1,350m altitude Baekdeoksan Summit Monument after 20 minutes struggling walk on steep and harsh road. I looked around the Summit and found so gorgeous view of surrounding mountains like remote Daegwanryeong Hill and Chiaksan Mountain. We descend some to previous 500m junction and arranged suitable area for comfortable lunch break and shared each food and enjoyed so delicious meal together. We kept walking down on the ridge road together and exchanged many mutual interests and felt it is essential for human to exchange different opinion and take a necessary information or suggestion or opinion or help or support. As we walked down somewhere around middle of the hike course, we saw sun was becoming set down to Chiaksan Mountain and kept so nice picture at the camera. We were continuously working down under somewhat darkness and young man switched on his head lantern and guided to correct way down which I personally felt there was no reason to concern about late descends since there was supportable and believable young person behind. So I commented this to young man. He counter commented he was also feeling as adverse situation as he felt safe and protecting since there was senior who have experienced long in many filed in human life. He told he did not need to concern about anything, just going down together. As a conclusion, I could say this story is one of reason or attraction why I came up to the mountain alone. When I almost back to parking lot, there was a call from my wife asking where you are. I answered I was near to the parking lot and going to leave for home soon. She told you must come down to parking lot before 3 pm without fail. I replied O.K. confirmed and don’t worry.     


























     

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기