2018년 6월 2일 토요일

2018-11-24 Updated with Relevant Photo and Video - Incheon Gangwha Manisan Climb in Korea- Stair Road to Dangun Road - Hike


1.     Date and Time : May 30, 2018 11:00~15:00 (4 hours including break one hours).

2.     Location : Gangwha at Incheon City in Korea.

3. Distance and Course : About 8.72km. Course is to start Manisan Information => Stair Raod => Manisan Summit (472.1m Altitude) => Dangun Road => back to Manisan Information.

4.     Access :

There is various ways to connect Subway Line No.2 which you are supposed to change to Express Bus No. 2000 at Shincheon Ogeori Bus Stop ID:13-022 referring to map of “Change Subway Line 2 at Shincheon Station to Bus Stop 13-022 Shincheon Ogueri”. Please stay with the Bus for passing 41 times bus stops with 59.16km and get off at Manisan Bus Stop. I could estimate total transportation is about 2.5 hours for one way which comes total 5 hours for round trip. Please take reverse course on your way back home. But you take Bus No. 2000 at other side of the Manisan Road”. But you would reduce this transportation time to 3 hours for round trip in case you use private car or rent car which you could save two hours for the transportation. 

4.     Overall Remarks.

There is Chamseongdan on top of Manisan Mountain which has be transferred as Dangun prayed twice a year, spring and fall. Dangun is a origin of Korean folk who was delivered by and between god and female bear according to legend. He touched and trimmed harsh stones making a stone tower with rectangular bottom meaning ground or earth and circular top means sky. There was fresh spring water at the bottom of tower which rigidly closed with wood cover at present. Thereafter next generation has been continuously prayed for god more than 1,000 years. People has been still performing ceremony for Memorial Pray at Gaechunjul, every October 3rd. Please some photo of this celebration at “Introduction of Manisan Memorial Pray”. We used to take a fire for national athletic game like Olympic Fire.

Weather conditions was so nice, especially dust level but sea fog rising up the summit so that I could almost not see anything around the summit, visibility very bad and almost zero. I could therefore take any photo around the summit, even middle of mountain level. While visibility at the foot of the Manisan Mountain was so good and fine  so that I could take so good photo only after passing down middle of the mountain level. .          

5.     Detailed Course Information

As introduced at the “Incheon Manisan Climb Corse”, there are two possible courses, the one from Stair Road first and Dangun Road second and the other reverse course. I took the one course from Stairs Road first and Dangun Road second. As soon as I finished ticketing at Manisan Information, I started to move on paved road and walked for about 20 minutes and reached Three Way Junction where I should turn left and started to ascend on the Stair Road. When I climbed on stirs road for about 20 minutes, I met break place for taking rest which is more than middle of total Stair Road. Please refer to map of “Standing somewhere middle of Stair Road”. I realized these stairs was getting steeper in accordance to higher level time by time. As I continued to climb the stairs for about 10 minutes, I reached some neutral zone between lower stair zone and higher stair zone which is rocky and soil road. I found something fog curtained around the summit at that point and more and more thicker according to higher level. When I struggled on steep and sometime narrow rock path beside big obstacle rock for half an hour, I finally touched Manisan Summit (472.1M Altitude), other word as Chamseongdan. I took photo of Chamseongdan and moved to next peak where Summit indication wood log standing sand left photo as well. You could refer to the story of Chamseongdan at Article 4. I was trying to see any opportunity to see some possible picture around the summit but I could not see anything and decided to downhill through Dangun Road after turning left at the junction around peak area as scheduled. I was walking on rubber deck road which I could quit easily walking down without almost no energy consuming. I passed down on rubber stairs for sometimes and rocky and hilly road for about half an hour, I found landmark saying as 2.4km to Manisan Information. I descend mildly sloped and wider road after passing the landmark and sometimes somewhat sloped stair road for about one hour and returned three junction where I could get down to Manisan Information through easy walking paved road. As I slowly walking dwon for about 10 minutes, I eventually back to Manisan Information after 4 hour hiking.   



Beautiful Coastal View at Chamseongdan Peak

Chamseongdan Peak for Praying Dangun (Korea Founder)

150 years Old Saseonamu Tree at Chamseongdan 

472.1m Altitude Manisan Summit Monument

View of Manisan Summit at Chamseongdan  Peak

Elegant Sea and Island View at Manisan Summit


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기